The recipes, as any for sangria, is fairly simple and can be changed to create a multitude of varieties. Here's the recipe as I found it on Design*Sponge:
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 1 cup of tequila
- 1/2 a cup of orange juice
- 1/2 a cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed organic lime juice
- 1 sliced organic red apple (and other fruit if you desire – raspberries, watermelon, oranges, mangos, etc)
- In a pitcher mix ingredients in this specific order.
- Add ice to chill. The longer it sits in the pitcher the more flavorful it will be.
- Using a little lime juice, give the glasses a nice brown-sugar rim and then serve and enjoy!