Apr 7, 2011

Marina Munoz

 
 all pictures from Jak&Jil, The Sartorialist, and Hanneli

Okay, so you know Marina Munoz? She's the contributing fashion editor of Harpers Bazaar en Espanol (and current collaborator with The Wild Magazine) as well as a stylist living in williamsburg. She's been featured in style blogs for a couple of years now but is mostly known for her fantastic cowgirl-meets-boy-meets-nyc look that's always topped perfectly with a felt hat. 

She has a great eye for textures and colours and I've never seen her in anything trendy although she's started some of the most famous ones: denim on denim, strong eyebrows, and most recently, the felt hat (some are calling them fedoras but I feel like the size and shape are drastically different. The word also makes me shudder too - way too reminiscent of K Fed...uck)


Anyways, I love love this style of hat and wanted to know where she was getting them, and lo and behold she's been interviewed by ny racked recently on her favourite hat shop, Bencraft Hatters in Brooklyn:

"One morning I decided to take the JMZ to work and I noticed a hat shop on my way to Marcy Station. That afternoon on my way home from work, I couldn't wait to stop in, and ever since, I have been buying my hats at Bencraft Hatters. The charming gentleman who runs the store is named Stanley. He was born and raised in Williamsburg and can tell you wonderful stories about the neighborhood he grew up in.
Stanley can also tell you a lot about hats. He told me once that he travels to Europe and South America on hat buying trips. Bencraft is one of the neighborhood's best-kept secrets. It's also very well situated on Broadway, right before Peter Luger, Dressler, Kings County Salvage, Marlow, and Diner."


I rounded up a few favourites below (along with one APC style that I loved when I was in NYC last):
  1. A.P.C. 
  2. VIAGGIO BY BORSALINO
  3. BELLAGIO BY BORSALINO 
  4. AUTHENTIC OILSKIN BY BAILEY 
  5. KISSEME BY STETSON 
  6. OUTLAND BY STETSON


Hope you guys love them as much as I do!




xx!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails